Forms and Records

Download now!

Manitoba Certified Technicians Renewal

Manitoba’s ODS certification is renewable annually and is valid from June 1 to May 31 of each year, regardless of start or payment date. If you have let your certification lapse for three consecutive years it becomes invalid and re-certification is required. ​

New Graduates

All new graduates, either from Red River College (RCC) or Assiniboine Community College (ACC), are required to apply for a MOPIA number. To do this just fill out the form and send it in!

In-Class Training Application

We plan on hosting classroom training as soon as Covid-19 restrictions allow. It’s best to register if you require training as we set class dates when we have enough interest/applicants. If there is sufficient demand in locations outside or Winnipeg, we will be pleased to organize a training session.

The class is usually held during one-day from 8:00 am – 5 pm (plus exam time) and the cost is $210.00/pp.  Call MOPIA for details.

Reinstatement of Certification

Use this form if you have let your provincial certification lapse for a period of time.

Record Data Sheets

Certified Technicians and Secondary Distributor permit holders are required to submit ODS use records for the previous year by February 1st of the current year.

At this point in time, your 2012 ODS use records should have been submitted to MOPIA.

Located below is a record data sheet, which may be used to track your records throughout the year.

If you have questions about record keeping and are unsure of what is required of you, please contact MOPIA for detailed information.

Leak Report Form

Any leak over 22 lbs / 10 kgs must be reported to Manitoba Conservation.  Use the form below.

Secondary Distributors

All companies who purchase parts or substances under the Manitoba Ozone Depleting Substances and Other Halocarbons Regulation are required to have a valid Secondary Distributor Permit.  The Secondary Distributor Permit period is January 1 to December 31, regardless of the date the application was submitted or date payment was made.  To apply for the permit or renew an existing permit click the links below.

Label Order Form

Label Order form for ODS substances. Download below. 

Chiller Permit Application

This permit enables MOPIA to track the number of operational, converted, and decommissioned chillers in the province.  This information also gives MOPIA a representation of how much CFC refrigerant is in use in the province.

FFE Permit Application

Any FFE system is required by law to be registered with MOPIA.  Upon registration, the FFE system will be issued a permit.  These permits allow MOPIA to track halon use within the province.


If you are now residing in Manitoba and currently hold an Ozone Depleting Substances certification from another province, and wish to gain MOPIA certification, fill out this application to see if you are eligible to convert your out of province certification into a MOPIA certification.